First off, dinner. Last night's dinner to be exact. My mom and I made it (she comes over to see the little one every weekend) and it was easy and yummy! We made beef stroganoff. Oh, and I should probably start by saying that I am NOT a cook. A baker, yes; but not a cook (unless I have a detailed recipe that I can follow, lol). We sort of looked at a recipe to get an idea of what to do and then just sort of made our own. Here are the things that we did.....it is really easy:
- Cook package of stew beef (we browned and then cooked it in a pressure cooker for about 45 minutes and it was REALLY tender)
- Sautee onions and mushrooms in butter (yes, we used REAL butter, lol)
- Mix up two packages of brown gravy and pour into the pan with the onions and mushrooms once they are cooked
- Once the beef is done, put it in the pan also
- Cook egg noodlesBefore serving, put in sour cream to taste (we didn't put sour cream in the whole thing b/c my dh didn't want any in his so I have no idea how much to put in the whole thing, but I probably put 2 TBSP in a bowl full for myself).
That's it! And using the packaged gravy makes it so much easier than trying to make your own. If you try it, let me know what you think. I thought it was really good...just want to know if my taste buds are off or not, lol.
Now for the cleaning part. Sean decided twice this weekend that he was going to help tidy up the living room! The first time, my mom was putting his blocks away and he started bringing them and his books to her. It was so cute! Then today he helped to clean up his legos (ok...mega blocks). He had dumped them all out and we built him a big ole tower to tear down (his favorite part of legos). Then, when we started to clean them up he started to help us! It was so cute, and actually helpful....we could send him to get the blocks that were too far away for us to reach. I'm just wondering how long this will last, lol.
No comments:
Post a Comment