Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Rough Day

     That is a bit of an understatement. We had to get up at 5:30 this morning because my husband was having a procedure done on his neck and had to be at the surgery center at 7:45. But, Orlando traffic being the unpredictable creature that it is, we left the house at 6:30...and of course we were there by 7. But had we left about 10-15 minutes later, we would have probably just made it at 7:45.

     So we get there and they take him back for prep pretty quickly, which leaves me alone in the lobby to keep a 13 month old happy for who knows how long. I must say, though, that I was rather impressed with Sean, as he did very well. He only got cranky the last 10 minutes or so that we were there, and that was because he was tired and wanted a nap, but since we were out he refused to sleep because he might miss something.

     And the procedure didn't go well for Mike. He was supposed to be sedated for it (hence the reason we went to a surgery center), but for some reason it didn't "take". He told the anesthesiologist that he didn't feel any sedative and she just kept saying it should kick in in minute. Well, it never did. He said he felt everything and screamed in pain and the doctor just kept going. And it increased his pain by a lot (which is normal....it did the last time he had this procedure done).
    
     But he is asleep now, and has been for a while. Which is good for him. I'm hoping it helps to decrease his pain level.

     However, him having the procedure and then sleeping so much has left me alone to tend to the baby and the dogs. But I did manage to get everything done. Fed the dogs, fed the baby, gave him a bath, put him to bed (finally got him to hold off until 7 since that stupid time change), ate dinner myself, and got the living room cleaned up from Hurricane Sean. Now I am just sitting here dividing my time between working, writing this, and messing around on Facebook. The only thing I didn't get done was to clean up the kitchen. Oh well, there is always tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment