Monday, November 8, 2010

Fate, Destiny, whatever you want to call it...

Ok, the real reason that I decided to start a blog now instead of procrastinating yet again is the fact that I have some things on my mind that I can't seem to completely work out. And I was hoping that having a place to write them down would help. And what better place to write things down and get feedback than a blog, right? Well, here is what has been bothering me:

About a year and a half ago my husband and I had two really good friends. They were/are a couple, so it was kinda fun for the four of us to go out and do things. And we got along really well. But then something happened with another group of "friends" that were mutual friends of all four of us (and honestly, I'm still not ENTIRELY sure what exactly happened for these other people to basically "shun" us). And between them trying to not get in the middle of it (because it really didn't involve them, and I'm so sorry that they did get dragged into it) and me saying some things in a moment of hurt, we fell apart from them. The last words that were spoken between us was a text trade between me and the female of the couple. I shouldn't have said what I did, I should have tried to be more understanding to their/her position, but I felt that I was protecting my husband at the time.

Anyway, I digress a little. This is where fate steps in. It just so happened that my husband and I went out on Saturday night (which really doesn't happen often at all since we have a 13 month old) and we ran into the couple. Now we had run into them twice before, but we really didn't talk or anything those times other than a "hi" or a head nod. Saturday night we went to a place that we hadn't been but twice since almost two years ago. And it just so happens that they don't go to this place very much anymore, either. Hence: fate.

My husband and I did talk to the guy, which was great. And we all got to say some things that we had not been able to say. And I learned some things that I never wanted to have to learn and that should have never happened, and that I should have been there to help them through. I'm just hoping that we are able to move forward. I really miss these people. They were our best friends. We had named them as Sean's godparents until it happened that we were no longer talking to each other. I want the relationship back. I want them to meet Sean and get to know him and I want him to get to know them. They really are great people and people that I would love for my son to know. I just really miss them both. The guy knows this now, as I told him Saturday night. But I don't know if she knows that yet. I did send them both an email to let them know how I feel, and I'm hoping to get a response. I'm pretty sure he will response, but I don't know if she will or if she will forgive us and us all be able to move on. I truly hope so.

So, fate has stepped into my life in the form of us all showing up at the same place none of us frequent anymore at the same (relatively) time. I just don't know if fate did it just to hurt me or so that we can move forward and be friends again. I am praying for the second outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment