I have been wondering for a bit now if it was time to start transitioning Sean to just one nap per day. I am now pretty much convinced that it *may* be time to start. My only hesitation comes because I still really do need him to take two naps a day for my own sanity, lol.
But I think it may be time to start seriously thinking about it at least, because today he only took one nap. But not the nap that you would think....nope, not my child. He decided that he was going to take an hour and a half long morning nap, and then completely skip his afternoon nap. We tried....we tried like hell to get him to take that afternoon nap. Sean, however, was not having ANY of it, lol. He almost went to sleep a few times in the hour that we tried, but just wouldn't give up the ghost.
So, from about 10:30 (well, my Mom said 10:34 exactly) this morning until a few minutes after 7 this evening Sean did not sleep at all. He was awake for eight and a half hours straight! Wow. And here's the kicker: he didn't get cranky (well, besides his normal I-want-to-come-in-the-kitchen-and-you-aren't-letting-me crankiness) until probably the last 5 minutes before bedtime. So I am doubly amazed at that. Usually if he doesn't take his second nap he is a bear the whole entire day. I'm glad he decided to change that aspect up today, lol. Oh, he did try to fall asleep in the car on the way back from Target around 5:30, but we sang the "Hot Dog" song and got him to sing it and he stayed awake. I'm really glad I only live five minutes from Target, lol. I don't think he would have made it any longer in the carseat.
He is now peacefully sleeping in his crib, and has barely moved since we laid him down. Here's to hoping that he sleeps all night, lol.
......I still don't think I'm ready for him to be taking only one nap though...especially not if it is going to be a morning nap!
No comments:
Post a Comment