Friday, November 12, 2010

So much to do, so little time.

     So, I broke my streak of posting each day. Oh, well. I think I can be forgiven, lol. It has been a stressful week, after all.
    
     First off, my husband is doing much better. The ER doc was able to talk to the psychiatrist on call on Wednesday and they figured out a medicine to give him that knocked the panic attack out. He has been feeling a little anxious since then, but is able to control it, and it is no where near as bad as it was Wednesday. They also sent him home with two prescriptions in case it happens again. I'm hoping it doesn't though.
    
     But now to the title of this post. This last week, I have been kind of restless. I have so many things that I want to get done, and so little time to do it in. When you add in work (I work from home), housework, and taking care of Sean and the dogs, I just don't really have much time to do the things that I WANT to do. And by the time Sean goes to bed and the kitchen and living room are cleaned, I just want to sit down and have some down time without actually doing anything. Plus I have to catch up on my Facebook games, lol. Ok, well, I don't have to catch up on them, but I want to. It is one of the things that lets my mind stop working because it really doesn't take a lot of brain power to plant crops, make food, or other such things....at least not on Facebook.

     Today, for instance, all I really wanted to do was read. I just wanted to go hide in a room, curl up with a book and read. I love to read, but lately I really only get a chance just before I go to sleep. And sometimes that is just not a good idea, because I wind up staying awake much later than I intended. If the book is really good or I am really into it (I have been known to get really into books that maybe never made the bestsellers list, lol) I can read for hours and think only 30 minutes have passed. But since Sean was born.....well, since Sean became mobile really, I just haven't had nearly as much time to read, which is probably my favorite thing to do.

     Another thing that I would like to do is scrapbook. I have at least 6 scrapbooks that I am working on or need to work on. Scrapbooking is something that relaxes me and I love being able to preserve the memories so I can share them with others. I have so much scrapbooking material that it isn't even funny. And I have a whole bunch of pictures that I need to get scrapped. Besides the fact that my husband bought me a wide format printer so that I can do digital scrapbooking and print them out at home. And I don't have time to learn how to do that, either. Ugh.

     And those are only two of the things that I really want to do with my time. I also like to play World of Warcraft with my husband, but haven't done that in a while. I want to write a book....I even have several ideas for several different stories, but can't seem to find enough time to actually get them written out. And I know that some people are going to say, "well, just stop spending so much time on the computer". The problem with that is I work from home on the computer. So in order to get paid (and not get fired) I must be on the computer. So during the day when I pop over to Facebook it is usually just for a few moments to give my mind a break from the (mostly) idiotic emails that I have to respond to. And when you take into consideration the fact that Sean likes to interrupt me many, many,many.....many times during the day while I'm trying to work, it means that I still don't get much work done and sometimes have to work at night or on the weekends too (which I'm going to have to do some of tomorrow). And it isn't like I can say no to Sean, especially when he brings me a book and wants me to read to him.

     So, I guess it shall remain that there are a lot of things that I would rather do than the ones that I have to do each day. Maybe eventually I will be able to do some more stuff for just me....and hopefully without any guilt about being selfish when I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment